Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Never a dull moment!

GOD'S GRACE IS NEVER-ENDING, NEVER-FAILING AND ALWAYS SUFFICIENT!!!!

This morning I was headed to work taking the usual route.. hwy 170 to 35. I never quite made it to 35... I was traveling on hwy 170 at about 59 or 60 mph in the far left lane when I suddenly lost control of my car. I noticed I was sliding quickly onto the curb so I pulled my steering wheel to the right to keep from heading into the median, I over-corrected so then had to pull my wheel back to the left and ended up hopping onto the median fishtailing out of control then spun around to where I was facing the highway sliding sideways on the grassy median heading directly for a pole. As I watched out my driver side window it looked as if the pole was going to hit at the dead-center of my driver side door. All I could think of were paramedics, police officers and being rushed to an emergency room as I braced myself for the impact. I slammed into the pole, hands still firmly grasping my steering wheel... is this for real, am I really ok? I don't see any blood... I don't feel any pain! I shook uncontrollably as I cried and thanked the Lord in amazement for once again pouring out his grace on me. My car struck the pole directly behind my seat. There is an indention on the back door just inches away from my door, my shoulder air bag came out of my seat from the impact and the pole came out of the ground at an angle right over the top of my head, there is also an indention from the pole on the roof over my head, then the pole flew over the top of my car slammed onto the hood busted my front windshield then toppled around into the grass... and again I'll say there is not a scratch on me! (can't say the same for my car) My shoulder and arm are in a little bit of pain from the impact, but I'm sure this is only temporary. My back and neck are a little stiff from all the tension and I have a minor headache, but overall I'm feeling great. I'm in complete awe that I'm not harmed in any way. God is so good!! That was definitely the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so so thankful for God's protection! Here are a few pics from the accident, some were taken with my phone so are not the best quality...
I was heading West to go to work and here is my car after the accident now facing EAST!


my tire marks...

the sign...

back at home... I was able to drive my car very slowly back to the house.
you can see how close that pole was to hitting my door...


here's where the pole hit above my head...

there's actually an imprint on my hood from the sign, but you can't really see it in this pic...


here's the lovely air bag that's causing my arm so much pain as we speak... but I am not complaining ;o)
I have to say how wonderful Kyle is for being so loving and supportive. He's even offered to buy me a new vehicle that he thinks might be a little safer for me...

hahaha ;o) My babes, he sure is a funny guy!

I'm off to take a nap now... I think my nerves and my body could use a little rest after all of this. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment