Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another year older & right where I want to be!

I had such an awesome birthday! It started off a little rough since our first stop for the day was to see our insurance adjuster to find out that my car is totalled :(
Here I am saying one last good-bye to my old friend... we went through a lot together!
While the adjuster was looking at my car, Kyle and I went to a yummy breakfast together at a quaint little diner that had delicious coffee and good home-style cooking... it was the perfect start to my day!!

Kyle and I had to go our separate ways to work. When I got to work my adorable friend, Cori, had balloons, flowers and a card waiting for me on my desk... what a sweetheart!
Kyle and I met up at the house after work to get ready for our date to a movie and to my favorite frozen yogurt place, YOGURTLAND! I have the most wonderful and loving husband that a girl could ask for!! Kyle came home with two gorgeous sets of flowers because he couldn't decide which ones to get and he couldn't pass up either, he had written the sweetest card that brought tears to my eyes, inside the card he wrote that my final gift was any pair of shoes I wanted at the mall ;), then to top it off he pulled out a gift card to Facelogic for me to get two facials! I've never had a facial before so I was super excited for this unique and thoughtful gift!! The real gift is getting to spend every day of my life with such an amazing and caring husband who loves God and who loves me endlessly. My birthday was already made at that point and we hadn't even left the house yet.

all my birthday goodies from my man.. he even bought us some treats for the movie ;)
We stayed a little longer at the house than we had anticipated, so we decided to skip the frozen yogurt and went straight to the Southlake Townsquare to walk around before our movie. We walked by a restaurant called Campania that had an elegant and cozy atmosphere with a rooftop balcony and live music so we went in to check it out. We ended up blowing off our movie and staying for their delicious pizza at a table on the balcony where Gabe and Cori decided to meet up with us! It was a great night with yummy food and great friends! I'm normally not one to stray away from "the plan", so it was nice to be a little "fly by the seat of our pants".. hehehe. I know we're pretty exciting people!
my birthday dessert pizza... mmmmmmm
the four of us...

It truly was such a great birthday and I'm so thankful for another year full of God's love and blessings in my life!

HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Sounds like you had a great time but I'm so sorry about the car. Hey, it's just God's way of saying you get a new car for your birthday!!! In all things God works for the good of those who love Him! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, I missed it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love your hair, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete